Knights of Columbus Holy Eucharist Council #11330
Contact Name – Ernie Shume
Phone # – 204-237-9394
Email – email@example.com
Meeting Schedule – First Monday of the month at 7:30 PM, except for July & August
Who are the Knights of Columbus?
The Knights of Columbus are a fraternal Catholic family of single men, husbands, wives, widowers, widows, children and clergy. There are over 1,763,000 members world wide in over 13,485 local Councils and every Council plays an important role in the Knights of Columbus. In Manitoba there are over 7,625 knights in 102 Councils. The Knights of Columbus offer a rich heritage of fraternity, family, and volunteer service to church and community. Strong families are a priority with the Knights of Columbus and you’ll find opportunities for you and your family to enjoy Knight life.
Who can join the Knights of Columbus?
If you are a Catholic man in good standing with the Church and at least 18 years of age, the K of C may be just the organization you would like to join. You can become as involved as you wish and your time allows. The Knights offer an opportunity for friendship and fellowship with people who share the same beliefs, and who recognize the same duty to God, to family, to parishioners and to many others. If you are looking for an organization that can enrich your life in many ways, your search may be over. For more information, place a note in the Church collection plate during Divine Liturgy or contact one of the following: Grand Knight Ernie Cicierski 257-1008; Deputy Grand Knight Walter Turchyn 334-2081; Membership Director David Hladun 668-6402. We meet at 7:30 p.m. on the last Monday of August and the first Monday of the month from October to June in our Council Chambers in the Parish Centre.
Did You Know?
Knights of Columbus, Holy Eucharist Council #11330 received its charter on May 5, 1994. We have 60 members who dedicate many volunteer hours toward activities with our order, council, parish, church, community, family and youth.
- Foster and build a sense of brotherhood in our parish with perogy suppers during Lent.
- Serve as ushers and assist with the distribution of the Eucharist and assist with the parish liturgical schedule.
- Donate to Holy Spirit Seminary in Ottawa in support of the vocation of seminarians.
- Recognize altar servers with certificates of merit and tickets to sporting events.
- Provide rosary cards and rosaries to children in our parish’s First Solemn Communion Class.
- Provide our church with financial assistance for purchasing such necessities as vigil lights in the church, chalices and spoons for the Holy Eucharist and closed circuit TV for the church auditorium.
- Post signage at Christmas to remind everyone of the “reason for the season” and put up the Christmas tree on the Parish Centre roof.
- Hold Rose Sunday tag days and donate funds to Pro Life annually.
- Donate to medical facilities such as Concordia Hospital for Prostate Cancer Research.
- Visit the sick and the elderly.
- Annually serve a Soup Kitchen meal at Immaculate Conception Church for the area needy.
- Annually serve a supper at the Welcome Home Hostel on Euclid Ave. for area families.
- Sponsor two children in Ukraine through Child Care International.
- Hold annual community events such as the Malanka New Year Eve Dinner and Dance, Fish Supper and the Spring Pork Barbecue.
- Donate food and gift hampers to area families through the Christmas Cheer Board.
- Donate to charities such as Ronald McDonald House, Salvation Army, Winnipeg Harvest, Rossbrook House and Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Organize the annual Remembrance Day Service.
- Some of these activities are done in cooperation with the UCBC and the UCWLC.
- Assist families with medical costs beyond what is available through Manitoba Health
- Sponsor and operate Kildonan Horizons, a MHRC 55-plus, 125-apartment complex for seniors.
- Publish The Pelican, our Council’s monthly information bulletin
- Recognize a Council family monthly by naming them Family of the Month.
- Recognize a brother knight monthly by naming him Knight of the Month.
- Name and honour the Family of the Year and Knight of the Year annually.
- Recognize an outstanding volunteer annually in our Council with the John Timo Memorial Volunteer Award.
- Recognize a deserving parish youth annually with theAlexander Kozak Memorial Youth Award.
- Sing Christmas carols with our wives at Kildonan Horizons prior to our Council Christmas party.
- Honour our wives and wives of deceased br other knights annually with a Ladies Appreciation Night dinner and entertainment for their faithful support.
- Sponsor dinners and other events to assist the Parish with the costs of furnishings and other necessities such as new chairs, vigil candles in the church, Gospel Book, church roof repairs, and “Our Lady of the New Advent” stained glass window.
- Contribute funds and volunteer for Ukrainian Park Camp cabin restoration.
- Provide altar servers with movie passes
- Sponsor the KUCA Youth Winter Games annually.
- Sponsor the K of C Basketball Free Throw competition annually.
- Support parish youth attendance at World Youth Day.
- Assist with the Parish Family Halloween Fun Night.
- Assist Parish youth to attend Goldeyes baseball and Blue Bomber football games.
- Sponsor the “Keep Christ in Christmas” colouring contest.
- Organize hayrides and sleigh rides for the youth.
- Provide bursaries at the Ukrainian English Bilingual Program s at Springfield Heights and Chief Peguis schools.
- Support the Ukrainian Catholic Religious Education Centre.
- Co-sponsor Parish youth attending Ukrainian Park Summer Camp.
Kildonan Horizons Board Meets